Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Below is a letter that I received from a dear friend of mine, David Killough, outlining what God has done through he and Overland Missions in the past year. David and I have served alongside one another for some time, attended and graduated Vineyard Leadership Institute together, and been great friends for years. Angela and I are excited about what God is doing through David and Overland and we've chosen to support him monthly financially. Will you consider doing the same? Just check out this fruit and examine the Kingdom return. Blessings and peace.

January 2010

Dear Partner,

These past four months have found me traveling all over the globe. From Phoenix, AZ to Portsmouth, England, I’ve been recruiting, raising support, preaching, delivering vehicles, planning conferences, attending staff retreats and everything in between.

I want to give you an account of what has happened this year so you can get an idea of the return on your investment into me and Overland Missions and how God is using your time, energy and money to change the world through me.

The Adventure
Matt. 25:20-21 "The one who had received the five talents came up and brought five more talents, saying, ‘Master, you entrusted five talents to me. See, I have gained five more talents.’ His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave! You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master." Numbers are not typically an important thing to me. It’s not that I don’t like to see many people saved, healed or reached; it’s that I cannot place a price on the value of one person’s life being changed. This is why I will travel days on end, risking everything, paying a tremendous price in time, energy and money to reach one person. The knowledge that Christ gave the ultimate sacrfice and paid a price for each of us as individuals compels me do the same. Wether it be in an office calling people, interviewing them for expeditions, encouraging them in Christ or leading trips, I see the value in all that I do and how the job God has given me in recruiting is changing the world, one recruit at a time. For this reason, I would like to show you the impact of my work within the recruiting department on Overland Missions and the rest of the world. Please bear in mind that everything I have a part in you also have a part in.

Preaching in 1 of the 201 rural villages
reached in 2009


The Battle
Matt. 28:19-20 "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Recruiting Statistics:
Number of people connected with one-on-one: 289
Number of locations recruited at: 18
Number of people mobilized: 130
Number of missionaries trained and mobilized: 28


The impact of my recruiting around the world has touched 33,873 people in the rural areas of the world with at least 9,165 decisions for Christ, and 834 of these poeple becoming disciples trained through our Rural Pastors Network and long-term missionaries. These numbers don’t include the countless people that were healed and delivered from sickness and demonic oppression.

Village Statistics:
Number of trips: 155
Number of people reached: 33,873
Number of salvations: 9,165
Number of villages reached: 201
Number of disciples: 834


The Future
I am returning to Phoenix, AZ on February 8 to attend a support raising seminar. I will then stay in AZ through March 17 using what I have learned to meet with new partners. For all of you in the AZ area, I can’t wait to see you! After
March I’ll return to FL where I’ll continue preparations for purchasing a Land Cruiser for Angola and preparing for the Angola and Amazon teams. I will then leave for Africa in mid-April and will be in Angola all of May and June. I then fly to Brazil where I’ll be leading our teams in the central and western Amazon the months of July and August.
7 of the 9,165 new believers that came to Christ in 2009

Prayer & Praise
Here are a few things to keep in prayer:
1. Pray for more opportunities for us to preach and recruit here in the USA, the UK, South Africa, and Brazil.
2. Pray for divine provision as I look for a Land Cruiser for the work in
Angola.
3. Pray that I’m able to recruit more Brazilians for both Angola and Brazil, and that more Brazilian people would rise up and answer the call to minister in Angola.
3. Pray for boldness and wisdom as I preach and minister to people in the USA and all over the world.
4. Pray for more workers for the harvest. We need additional people in
media, recruiting, administration, operations, sector management as well as other places. Pray that God will send us these long-term people.

Things to Praise God about:
1. A tremendous harvest this year! God used what we had and turned it into a great harvest of rigtheousness!
2. There has been a great increase in people joining us as staff this year. We will have a few new sector managers this year as well as more expedition
leaders!

RPN Director Jeff Martin ministering to 1 of our 834 disciples
Recruiting for Overland on a UK radio show, Terry in the Building
"The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor." Luke 7:22

Your Partner in the Gospel ,
David Killough

To join with me in what the Lord is doing in this ministry, please make
financial contributions payable to Overland Missions and do not include my
Overland Missions
PO Box 566
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home